Heading Home..

Jul 1

In In The Field, Travels at 10:33am

And leaving the crystalline night skies of South Africa. Shot the above the other night, one of three frames I gave a try at, at the Sabi Sabi Reserve, really, truly one of the most serenely wonderful places I have ever been blessed to visit. D4, ISO 400, 14-24, 20 minute exposure. Little noise reduction in PS, and done. Will be writing more about the place in future blogs. For now, a long grind home. Land on Tuesday. July 4th week, and a couple days off!

All the best….more tk…

9 Responses to “Heading Home..”

Terry White says:

on July 1, 2013 at 11:54 am

Joe! I LOVE Sabi Sabi! It’s one of my favorite places on the planet.

Gryphon says:

on July 1, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Thank you Mr McNally for coming to South Africa. You are a true inspiration. Your enthusiasm, is boundless. Your workshop was not only a great lesson in light and photography but the small insight into your world was something that I am very grateful that I was able to experience. I am most appreciative….

Nate Parker says:

on July 1, 2013 at 5:43 pm

we’ll make you a landscaper yet!

Jim Donahue says:

on July 1, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Have a safe trip home and a restful holiday.

on July 2, 2013 at 11:12 am

It is truly wonderful, Terry, even for the uninitiated wildlife/landscape shooter such as myself! Just a peaceful, beautiful place.

Simon says:

on July 2, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Love your long exposure Joe. There’s something about shooting them that brings a little of the old magic back that you used to get when waiting for film to be developed. That wait in ernest to see what you got is sort of cool, as opposed to the instant feedback we are now used to.

I’m heading bush for two weeks in a few days time, taking 9 month old Brooklyn for a journey across the Simpson Desert. Hope to come back with some great memories and a few memorable images too.

Cheers,
Simon

Matt Rogers says:

on July 3, 2013 at 7:54 am

Beautiful! I was just in South Africa last September, and in fact spent some time in the same game reserve, Sabi Sabi. Such an amazing place. I can’t wait to go back.

Ian Cooper says:

on July 16, 2013 at 4:19 am

Hi Joe
I was blessed to be at your work shop in Jhb and honored to have met you.
You are truly a lighting and photographic legend. Thank you.

Marc Dryden-Schofield says:

on July 22, 2013 at 8:10 am

Hi Joe

Was truly a great and very surprising moment to meet you at Sabi Sabi.
How amazing is Sabi Sabi Earth lodge!
You really are a photographic genius!! Always inspiring and keeping me working towards my photographic dreams.

Thanks again.