Back in St. Lucia

Oct 3

In Seminars & Workshops at 12:10pm

Once again, we are in one of the most beautiful places on earth, St. Lucia. We are doing our annual lighting workshop at Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts, where the lush forests of this island meet the sea in a truly wonderful way.

We have a terrific bunch of folks, and we are moving lights and lenses all over the myriad possibilities this place presents.

The kick this year is we have as our guest instructor none other than RC Concepcion of the Kelby Media Group. RC is simply one of the best shooters and teachers around, and he’s also a dear friend. He has found himself in the middle of a place uniquely suited to one of his specialties, HDR photography.

I mean, it’s really a match made in heaven, this place and RC’s formidable skill set. He’s posting like crazy on his site on Google Plus.

We are already planning for next year. It’s tough to resist coming here with a camera in your hands, as I have now for 20 years. More tk…

11 Responses to “Back in St. Lucia”

Tim Skipper says:

on October 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Ok, so I’m sitting is south Alabama where its hot and humid, for right now you suck.

Keith Winsor says:

on October 3, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I would take hot and humid over -5 and snow any day.
Its all perspective! Tim I’ll swap you for northern Alberta!

Eric Politzer says:

on October 3, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Ah, the memories. SPLASH! Has Cali done his heroic strip tease on the beach yet? Are there any banana splits left on the menu at Jade? Have you given any posing directions to clueless drivers? Please give my best to Claudette if you see her this trip — I have a beautiful image of her hanging in the hallway.

Kevin Fishel says:

on October 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

So jealous! Sure you’re keeping RC hoping. Hopefully one of these days finances and time will allow for this workshop. If there could be only one…..this would be it.

Kevin Fishel says:

on October 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm

oops, hopping….maybe hoping too?

Laurie says:

on October 3, 2012 at 2:09 pm

My daughters name is Lucia and yesterday I looked up her name on apps which brought me to st. Lucia. As I browsed the island I dreamed of the day I would be there shooting to my hearts content. Wish I could have been there and hope that your trip was all you wanted and more.

Giulio Sciorio says:

on October 3, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Right on St Lucia is one of my favorite islands. Last day for me in the Turks & Caicos which has amazing water but still quite humid.

Have a great time!

Richard Davis says:

on October 3, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Hey Joe, take good care of Alan Goode – I’ve got a million dollar project riding on his code merge plans that I’m supposed to review with him next week. I’m envious of you all – it looks like you’re having a great time.

It might be a stupid question but is the workshop camera manufacturer independent? Yes, I’m invested in Canon gear.

Shea says:

on October 4, 2012 at 5:54 am

There is some beautiful work there, mister. Thank you for sharing it.

Ken Konrad says:

on October 5, 2012 at 10:57 am

Great work as usual. I’m jealous, you lucky dog.

gianluca says:

on October 7, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Ciao Joe, Drew and Cali. I’m still flying back home and I’m actually posting from a delta flight. I still want to thank you all of you for the outstanding week that i had there. When i’m attending a workshop with you is photography on steroids. I mean with your critique I feel like i can now take out of the equation many mistakes i was doing. The world of sb900 and sb910 in TTL it makes more sense now (before it wasalways manual mode) and everything became clear. It was great to have RC with us he is a great guy and i enjoyed so much to see his wife modeling and performing for you on the beac in that insane multiple exposure project that you were doing in the dark… again it was like seeing michael schumacher performing a pole-position qualifying lap in the old days, projecting power and confidence with your camera. BRAVO! See you in Santa Fe next year i know already that you are not coming to LA anytime soon. Ciao!