vsncouver-gilbertCanadian_Tour_0101Canadian_Tour_0099Canadian_Tour_0097Canadian_Tour_0094

Press Alert!

Aug 19

In News at 7:41am

Press conference on August 24th, 9-11am, on the second floor of the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle. This has been a bit of a saga, folks, and I’ll be blogging about it through the show dates. Many thanks to all, especially our sponsors, and the folks at Related, who manage the Time Warner Building. This would not have been possible without a lot of effort from lots of folks. Just click on below to enlarge.

14 Responses to “Press Alert!”

Craig M says:

on August 19, 2011 at 7:48 am

I just might catch an Amtrak train out of Albany to go see. -)

Mark Spoo says:

on August 19, 2011 at 7:58 am

Thank Joe for what you did. Politicians may not allow first responders at the memorial but your work is a testament to what we do.

Joe Sankey says:

on August 19, 2011 at 8:03 am

Damn, I wish I could be there for this…

Bret says:

on August 19, 2011 at 9:42 am

Awesome! I like knowing the photographer behind this and the heart and integrity that this project was create with. I always appreciate “ordinary” people that do extra-ordinary things just because they feel it is the right thing to do. Truly a tribute worthy of the subjects, photog, and our nation in general. Sorry for gushing, but we/I am proud of all those featured in this series.

cameron griffin says:

on August 19, 2011 at 11:38 am

Cool,should be a really good exhibition

Pratap Ramamurthy says:

on August 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Would you like to get more visitors from New York?

Submit your blog in zeole.com/nyc . This is a one time submission. This would automatically submit a preview of your future blog posts in New York, with a link back to your blog.

Enjoy more traffic from New York :-)

Lee Love says:

on August 19, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Nikon is rumored to be announcing new cameras on the 24th, is this just a coincidence ?

Lech says:

on August 19, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Joe, Thanks for all that you’ve done to bring the work of real American heroes to the masses. It’s the everyday people who make this place wonderful. Right on buddy.
Lech

broxibear says:

on August 20, 2011 at 6:46 am

There seems to be a bit of a frenzy building up that you may be revealing a new Nikon dslr at this press conference on August 24th.
I fully understand if this is the case you can’t reveal any details, but can you confirm if part of the press conference will involve a next generation nikon of some sort ?
Thanks, hope the opening goes well.

Fotograf Håkan Ivarsson Göteborg says:

on August 21, 2011 at 1:26 am

Great work Joe. I think its good to remember what peope did that day 10 years ago.

Tom McKean says:

on August 21, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Joe, I can’t Thank you enough for all that you’ve done to bring the photos of real American heroes to the masses. It’s the everyday people who make this place wonderful. Thanks for your great work Joe.

Tom

Virginia wedding photographer says:

on August 23, 2011 at 8:22 pm

@Lee, I do think it’s a coincidence, yes — all the leaked press releases about Nikon’s announcement on the 24th point to non-DSLR bodies. And I understand that Joe did these with the D3X and D7000 (see Nikon Rumors). Looks like we’ll have to wait a while longer for the goodies.

resor egypten says:

on December 30, 2011 at 2:36 pm

very good stuff :) really enjoyed this post, i will read a little more in your blog soon after i am done with my work! :P