vsncouver-gilbertCanadian_Tour_0101Canadian_Tour_0099Canadian_Tour_0097Canadian_Tour_0094

LIFE Guide iPad App..

Jan 13

In News, Thanks at 3:51am

Hey guys, Drew here sharing some blogging duties from our Asian Tour stop in Singapore. Just wanted to give a quick update on the LIFE Guide to Digital Photography iPad app.  It’s featured in the iTunes New and Noteworthy list, and it’s now the #1 paid photo app!

If you own an iPad, and haven’t yet checked it out, definitely give it look…It’s basically the entire new LIFE book, plus a ton of fun video instructionals, audio content, etc.

Also, wanted to send a big thanks to our buddy Andy Szejko at Few Loose Screws for pulling off a great new blog design.  We’re having fun with it, and hope you guys enjoy the new look as well…a bunch more cool features and new site coming very soon as well..keep on the lookout!

More tk….

27 Responses to “LIFE Guide iPad App..”

Glyn Dewis says:

on January 13, 2011 at 4:39 am

Hey Drew,

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ re the LIFE App; definitely my next App purchase.

All the best to you all,
Glyn

ps> Lovin’ the new blog design; great work!

Scott Dixon says:

on January 13, 2011 at 6:33 am

Hi Joe (and Drew),

Just wanted to say that I downloaded the LIFE iPad app and love it. Great to hear Joe talk his way through techniques. It’s brilliant and perfectly suited to the iPad. Keep up the great work,

Scott

Ruedi says:

on January 13, 2011 at 7:41 am

I’m gonna get it! Thanks for telling.

Regards from Bern
Ruedi

richard Hales says:

on January 13, 2011 at 8:38 am

Hi Joe/Drew

Will have to take a look next time i’m in the App store.

Kind regards
Richard

Daithí says:

on January 13, 2011 at 9:19 am

Just a quick observation on the new blog design… I find the links (yellow text) very hard to read against the white background. Might just be me, but I think they could do with being darkened slightly. Otherwise it looks great!

Tim Skipper says:

on January 13, 2011 at 9:38 am

Now I know I’ve got to go and buy an iPad. Time to quit waiting around I guess :)

Scott Shoemaker says:

on January 13, 2011 at 11:55 am

You already got my money. Well worth the price. Plus Joe talks right to me with the touch of a button.

Bryan Geonzon says:

on January 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm

After getting my Ipad last December, this was the first app that I purchased. Love it and worth every penny! =)

Johan Sopiee says:

on January 13, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Great stuff Drew!

Tomasz Brodecki says:

on January 14, 2011 at 6:41 am

I’m with Daithí here — the links are just too bright and they are even harder to read on a CRT…
Even a slight shift in the CSS, like from #ffbc58, that they are now, to #ffb34e, would fix the problem.
Anyway, can’t wait to have a look at the app. And I hope to see more of Joe’s books in this form in the future :)

Nuno Quinteira says:

on January 14, 2011 at 10:08 am

Reallyyyyy worth having! Bought it and recommended it to all my friends.

Tom says:

on January 14, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Joe, the blog looks just wonderful but I’m really, really proud of you regarding the iPad application.

You SO deserve this! All those in the studio deserve this! All those back home deserve this! Good for you bud.
Tom

Jim says:

on January 14, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Bought the book..Thought the first two books were much, much better.

schralp says:

on January 15, 2011 at 10:40 am

You already got my money for the book. Would be nice to see the app for a nice discount (or free). Someone’s really got to figure out a model where we’re not paying for content twice (my only gripe about the iPad). A few have: NG, Economist…

carson says:

on January 16, 2011 at 12:25 am

Looks like a great app, I don’t have an iPad yet, but I have the app for when I do get one.

Louis Pang says:

on January 16, 2011 at 8:20 am

Congrats Joe! Not bad for a 58-year-old dude to top iTunes app ranking. Your best is still yet to come!

Pierre Vignau says:

on January 16, 2011 at 11:38 am

For an intro on digital photography, the book is just great. It’s really aiming at the people “getting into it” but I still learned a few things. And being a fan, I got it because I already own the previous two and i’m on the waiting list for the next one. It’s kind of like the blog as Joe writes in his humourous and friendly style.

BTW, I got the app, not the paper one. I really appreciate the integration of text, images, videos and sound recordings. All photo books should be like that. Great work by Joe and his team.

Norbert Dabkowski says:

on January 16, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I’m sure the app is great! And I’m really looking forward to reading the book, too!
And the blog looks good, on my monitor the orange-ish letters of the links are readable… :-)
Thanks again for your enlightening blog! :-)

Al Buyck says:

on January 17, 2011 at 9:20 am

Downloaded it and I love it !!! This would be a great feature to add to all of your future books….Thanks Joe !!

ButchM says:

on January 17, 2011 at 11:51 am

I’ve been working as a full time pro since 1977 … and I love the app (I received several App Store gift cards for the holidays and this was one of the first purchases I made) … even though there is a general focus on the basics, there are lessons and solid advice for those who may already have a good foundation …

The design, flow and functionality of the app is marvelous … and goes a long way in my efforts to save a few trees which was my goal in investing in an iPad …

Joe, would love to see some of your other books offered in such a package … well done!

Tim says:

on January 17, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I bought it! Also just read it through along with ‘Hot Shoe Diaries’ and ‘The Moment It Clicks’. All three are top notch, Joe!

David Parkes says:

on January 21, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Bought the app and have been enjoying it thoroughly. The use of video and audio throughout the piece is a welcome addition.

One concern however is that it appears that the text is incomplete. With my copy, in the Color section, when you get to the page immediately following the picture of the African-American gentlemen wrapped in the American flag, the final sentence of the page reads “You can use the same colors” and then I swipe to the next page and it’s the beginning of the next section “Temperature and Schemes”. Clearly there’s at least one page missing. Any chance this can be corrected?

In advance, thanks for looking into this.

Jackie Smith says:

on July 2, 2011 at 6:18 am

I’ve just bought it, and quite sincerely, $14.99 is not so much for an entire life book. It’s really worth taking a look.

Lyn says:

on December 9, 2011 at 8:06 am

I would love, love to have this – can’t you do one for Android (I have a Sony S Tablet)? I’m just not into Apple products.

darren says:

on March 11, 2012 at 9:51 pm

What a great app, downloading as i type.

santa says: