The NY One-Day Lighting Workshops Are Back!

Jun 3

In Seminars & Workshops at 5:58pm

dobbs_09_workshops_day_4_00320

Once again, we’re going down to the Hudson, to that old, ramshackle building, filled with photo possibilities. Back to an 8000 square foot room, with high ceilings, western light, white walls, decrepit hallways, and the Harlem-Hudson line running by, on a sort of semi-regular basis. We’ll be running them again in mid-July. This year, we’re trying something new, in that we do a series of “regular” lighting workshops, soup to nuts, small flash, big flash, but then at the end, we do 3 straight days of advanced one-day lighting workshops. Hi speed flash, double exposure, flash and blur, and the like.

To find out more info, or to register, CLICK HERE.

Lots of lights, all day long. More tk….

dobbs_08_day_6_352

24 Responses to “The NY One-Day Lighting Workshops Are Back!”

Adam says:

on June 3, 2010 at 6:12 pm

I was wondering is that Caroline Dhavernas in the top photo? Sorry for the off-topic question but it’s haunting me ever since I saw the picture for the first time ;)

Keep up the great work, you are a major inspiration for me :D
Adam

singapore professional photographers says:

on June 4, 2010 at 3:50 am

I really love the lighting for the two photos, especially for the last image.

Daithí says:

on June 4, 2010 at 5:39 am

You need to bring these workshops to Ireland Joe! I’d love to partake

Bill Bogle Jr. says:

on June 4, 2010 at 6:47 am

I did this workshop in January last year. I cannot imagine a better workshop. It took my portraiture and lighting to a whole new level. Joe is incredible teacher and motivator. Sign up as fast as you can.

Bill Bogle, Jr.

Jose says:

on June 4, 2010 at 8:07 am

The first photo is really interesting, the second photograph has the magical light that always relishing.
Thanks

Joe R. says:

on June 4, 2010 at 8:40 am

I would love to go to one of your workshops, but I live in Arkansas. You should come to Little Rock, Fort Smith, Fayetteville, or Tulsa, OK sometime Joe! Love your work!

Mark Astmann says:

on June 4, 2010 at 10:05 am

Count me in again too. I’ve gone for the last year and a half on multiple days and I learn something new everyday I’m there.

Mark Astmann aka “William Holden”

Girish says:

on June 4, 2010 at 10:13 am

Great news. Hope one day I can travel over there and attend these workshops.

Nice shots but the way. The second one of the boxer is lit very nicely.

John Van Boxtel says:

on June 4, 2010 at 3:18 pm

For those of you that are on the West Coast and can’t swing the trip to New York there is still a few more spots in the 2-Day Lighting Intensive Workshop that Joe will be teaching in Portland, Oregon. This workshop would be similar to attending the “regular” and “advanced” workshop and will cover lots of information in a short period of time (hence intensive).

For more details about that workshop and to register checkout http://www.nxtfoto.com/joe-mcnally-workshop

Mark Coumans says:

on June 5, 2010 at 6:48 am

9 days in a row, 9to6; Joe, you are even more crazy than I thought!

Jonathan Thompson says:

on June 6, 2010 at 8:16 am

More wonderful language of light. I’ve been working through your Kelby training films and it’s a fantastic source of knowledge. I hope to get over to the US for one of your workshops but right now I’m really looking forward to your Kelby training in London next month. Please keep the UK in the future Kelby Training calendar.

Keep up the amazing work, you inspire so many of us to do what some think isn’t possible.

See you in London.

Jonathan

Ken Toney says:

on June 7, 2010 at 8:50 am

Joe, I’ll be in Vegas, can’t wait to meet you! :)

Billy Mitchell says:

on June 8, 2010 at 9:27 am

Joe, How about coming to San Antonio to do one of your workshops. I bet I could put it together through the local photography groups.

Doug E. says:

on June 15, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Joe -

This news made my day / summer! Registered for both classes the day I got word (Thanks Lynn)! Need the refresher and inspiration! The 2nd course sounds really interesting. I’ll be there with whatever ramshackle rig I can get hooked up.

July in Dobbs! Yea! Joe & company ROCK!

Oh, don’t fret the F word… It’s a reflection of passion for creativity and teaching. ;-)

Doug

Steve says:

on June 16, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Hey Joe, When you coming to Canada?

STK Photography says:

on June 18, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Hope plenty of this when you come to Islington London for the day Joe!

AMIT says:

on June 18, 2010 at 1:25 pm

HI JOE, WHEN YOU COMING TO FLORIDA ?

James says:

on June 18, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I think that after all that hard work you need to take a bit of time out Joe. How about that trip to New Zealand now? The ski fields are open and the mountains look fantastic. So many great places for you to shoot.

And maybe while you’re down this way you could show us Kiwi’s some of your fantastic lighting skills…

James

Ian Pack says:

on June 24, 2010 at 4:20 am

Looking forward to meeting you in London on 23rd July.

Cheers, Ian

Dennis de Jesus says:

on July 7, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Hello McNally. I am a huge fan of your work and your passion for photography. I have watched several of your videos from Kelby Training and I have always drawn my inspiration for photography from the way you add drama to a photography by using different light shaping tools and speedlights. I was wondering if you would consider doing a lighting workshop here in San Diego, Ca. I know you were just here for the Nikon Summit but I would really love and be honored if you would do one of your lighting workshops?

Sherrie Lavear says:

on January 10, 2011 at 3:52 am

I’m happy that I found this page, I’ll bookmark it, Really superior internet site, Maintain heading