Dusseldorf Diaries

Apr 16

In In The Field at 1:23am

In Germany now, rotating to various cities on the 4th edition of Nikon Europe’s “Speed of Light” tour. Lotta fun, great people.

Worked the other day at Brabus, who design, engineer, and re-tool cars that sell for over a half million dollars. Yikes. In the showroom, they had a huge curtain made basically of strings. In the distance was a white wall. Hmmm…..

_jmm6378

One SB900, about 80 feet away. Raw light, nothing fancy. Warm gel. Part the curtains, enter Eva. Blog’s a little light this week. Traveling like crazy, and meeting some book deadlines. More tk….

63 Responses to “Dusseldorf Diaries”

Ralf aus Hamburg says:

on April 17, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Hi Joe!

Thanks for the nice event in Hamburg! It was very interesting for me.

Jim says:

on April 17, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Nice Pins!

Tibor says:

on April 17, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Would love to participate on a workshop of yours in Europe.
Where could I find the details of your courses?

I hope you enjoy your days in Europe.

Best regards,
Tibor

Jonas says:

on April 18, 2010 at 8:45 am

Hi Joe.

For how long would you stay?? Are there any chance of meeting up with you?? (Did not see this EU-trip on any post?)

If you have a couple of days extra, due to the vulcano ashes, please let us know! Maybe you could be picked up for a short trip to Denmark? ;-)

Thanks alot for getting me an answer.

Jonas

Oliver & Iris says:

on April 19, 2010 at 4:30 am

once again: It was a great shooting in Hamburg and we´re just wanted to say THX!
Hope to see ya again =o)
Enjoy your time in europe and also big wishes to your wife…

“The Bodybuilder & his wife”
Oliver & Iris Reinhardt

Alex Campagna says:

on April 19, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Hey Joe, how does it feel to be thrown at the bottom of a cliff?

Alessandra Meniconzi says:

on April 19, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Dear Joe!
finally you are in Europe! Great.
I will come to Zürich.
Your book help me a lot…but still have a lot to learn.
Do you come also to South Switzerland!
The California of Switzerland ;-)
Or do you come in Milan.
Just a question I have to bring my camera, lenses and flash???

All the best and have a nice trip
Alex

c.d.embrey says:

on April 19, 2010 at 5:11 pm

@ Ranger 9

Yes, I really do like the shadow. Nothing wrong with shadows, I’ve seen them in Los Angeles and I’ve seen them in New York. On desert sands and on mountain snow. I’ve seen them in advertising shot by Mario Testino, Terry Richardson, Juergen Teller and Patrick Demarchelier. I’ve seen them in Vogue and Numero. Seems like I’m not the only one to like shadows.

LaDra says:

on April 19, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Did you used only one SB900 or several at sametime?
Was it CLS on regular power?

Sorry for the amateur question, but better ask to keep without knowing for ever.

Thanks!

Daniel Salazar says:

on April 20, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Hi Joe, I would like to attend any of your workshops here in Europe, Switzerland to be more precisely. I’ve read your schedule and never saw any mention about this tour, are you coming back? where can I find these dates in order to reserve a place?
Cheers,
Daniel

Ben Madden says:

on April 22, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Joe, this is now my favorite photo of yours. Something about the simplicity, clean lines, colors and Eva adds up to more than the individual parts (don’t tell the sunset outriggers that they’ve been bumped down to #2).
Ben