When Nigel Needs Some Attention….

Dec 7

In Friends at 9:39am

It’s really tough to get much done:-)

nigel-copy

Email’s running slow this morning. Nigel is, well, about 20 pounds of needy. He didn’t see Annie and I much this weekend, and when he and his brother Arie are deprived particularly of Annie’s attention, they really let us know about it. His patented way of saying, “Scratch my ears now!” is to park it on your keyboard and just make you deal with him. I’ve tried typing around him, keystroke at a time, and occasionally, he’s even sent some email, albeit before they were really ready.

Gonna try to ramp up a few things on the blog as the year closes out. Got some stuff coming about camera work, and a few things of note about the long and interesting road of 2009.

Had a great weekend. Scott and Kalebra Kelby came up and we did the Big Apple thing. They are wonderful friends, and it was great seeing them and not being work crazed. Scott, as he notes in his blog, made the mistake of leaving his camera in my care for a few minutes, which prompted me to do some, well, experimental self portraiture. We had a blast. More tk…..

24 Responses to “When Nigel Needs Some Attention….”

Chris says:

on December 7, 2009 at 9:43 am

Cute fan clogging moggy!

Just finished one of your books this week,(small flash) great stuff – Thanks :) Great info, thanks for sharing.

Chris

Rusty Bryant says:

on December 7, 2009 at 9:57 am

LOL

Those pictures are hilarious.

caroline says:

on December 7, 2009 at 10:04 am

Pete, our beagle mix, seems to have figured out that I need the mouse to get any work done. When he’s needing attention, he just keeps head-butting my mouse hand until he gets it.

Michael S. says:

on December 7, 2009 at 10:16 am

HA…yeah, dats one needy lil’ cat! LOL!

Colleen says:

on December 7, 2009 at 10:30 am

My cat (needing some attention) sat on my “option” button and changed the contrast on the monitor. It took a call to Apple support to get it figured out.

Tyson H. says:

on December 7, 2009 at 10:32 am

LOL Joe, one of our cats does the same thing!!! They sure can make them selves 10 lbs heavier and 10″ longer when they need to can’t they?!
Nigel is so cool and regal though, thanks for sharing. Have an awesome Holiday!

Barbara Louise says:

on December 7, 2009 at 10:44 am

Cuteness! My dog Piper does the same thing… only it’s a little different when it’s a 75lb Rotty/lab/chow mix, and I have my wireless keyboard on my lap on the bed.. Her big ol’ head plops right down on my fingers…

Have a great day !

Jack Rigby says:

on December 7, 2009 at 11:04 am

Mookie tried of his computer pretty fast too.

Keep em coming
Jack

Mike Rose says:

on December 7, 2009 at 11:11 am

Hmm. This is a fairly clear explanation for why I used to get hives and wheezing whenever I worked on your laptop back in the LIFE days… :-)

Les Doerfler says:

on December 7, 2009 at 11:25 am

Knowing how Scott Kelby operates, my guess is that the visit was actually planned to discuss a book deal with Nigel.

The Catbox Chronicles anyone?

Ken Wilder says:

on December 7, 2009 at 12:53 pm

After looking at all those McNally self portraits on Kelby’s blog, I’m beginning to wonder if too much exposure to multiple SBs isn’t doing some severe damage. And I just took that lighting seminar, too. Hmmmmmm.

Francois Meehan says:

on December 7, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Nice pic! My cat is snobbing my work on the Macbook :-(

François

Bob DeChiara says:

on December 7, 2009 at 1:54 pm

That darn cat!

Looking forward to the “camera stuff”.

-Bob
(Boston)

Mike Neale says:

on December 7, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Ah, Nigel,…”the other white meat”!,…..;-))

Rikk says:

on December 7, 2009 at 2:08 pm

So, who actually owns copyright? Scott’s camera-your finger press…

art meripol says:

on December 7, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Henry (the dog) knows when the luggage comes out that it’s time to retreat into a blue funk. But when I come home, he’s ecstatic. The world is a better place but no matter how tired, i have to play immediately. Not too bad a deal for me. But for Barbara, when I’m gone, he goes deaf to all commands. Joy’s of pets and travel.

Emon Hassan says:

on December 7, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Looks like Nigel is keeping up with Scott’s blog! :)

Sven says:

on December 7, 2009 at 4:21 pm

Finally a blog post of yours where I can say “been there, done that” ;-) Except that our’s is called Ronsu. But the habits are the same.

Greetings from Finland.

James says:

on December 7, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Joe, for an experienced photographer, you sure did this cat picture all wrong. First off, you need to drop your shutter speed to at least 1/8 second, preferably 1/4 second, or even 1/2. Secondly, you need to introduce the photo by telling us you’re testing your brand new $2500 lens and $4500 body. Thirdly, you need to ask us if something is wrong with your gear because the picture is blurry. And to think you wrote a book…

Rory Laubscher says:

on December 7, 2009 at 7:18 pm

Hey, be thankful for the small blessings. At least Nigel isn’t a Rottweiler!

John London says:

on December 7, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Know what you mean. I have a kitty that parks himself on my laptop, because it is nice and warm. And, of all things he falls asleep. At least Nigel is awake and paying attention.

Lind Kennedy says:

on December 8, 2009 at 4:50 am

Can empathize big time, this post is being typed one handed with the other hand holding back a ginger cat with attitude!

flounderman says:

on December 8, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Hey Joe, did you copyright those photo’s you took of yourself with Scott’s camera?

Carol Lundeen says:

on December 13, 2009 at 5:33 pm

How do you manage the cat hair in the office, Joe?