Moving Day

Feb 15

In Thoughts at 8:16am

MovingMore posts tk….just not today. Today we are throwing all the apples in the air, along with all of our stuff, the home, the business, the cats, Brad, Meghan, and of course the long suffering Lynn, our studio manager for 16 years. She has been through 4 of these so far. This is it for me, I think. No more moves. I told Annie, there’s the woods out back where we are about to live, at the end the deal, just pitch me out there. I’ll make good mulch.

So we’ll be out in the woods a bit, much quieter and more peaceful than where we are now. But not peaceful today. Today’s gonna suck. Back soon.

12 Responses to “Moving Day”

Paul Watson says:

on February 15, 2008 at 9:25 am

Been there, done that more times than I care to remember. Good luck with the move!

Sam says:

on February 15, 2008 at 10:06 am

Hooka hey, moving is fun!

No wait, not exactly: moving CAN be fun! Invite lots of people, prepare well, and it might well be a real great party!

We just helped a friend move his storage rooms, and had a blast. Tomorrow I’ll help some other friend move with a lot of sport people, that should be fun, too, seeing who can throw the stuff around fastest :)

So, especially if it is (supposed to be) your last move, enjoy it!

ron hiner says:

on February 15, 2008 at 12:08 pm

Joe — we’ll miss you in Westport… Best of luck with the new digs… and congrats (again) on the success of ‘The Moment it Clicks.’

Ron

Rick says:

on February 15, 2008 at 12:59 pm

I hate moving – good luck today…

Jeff Snyder says:

on February 15, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Ohhhhhhhh can I come help? Corrado, Skip and I are on the way…We should be there by second Tuesday next week

Dan Bannister says:

on February 15, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Maybe great minds really do think alike!

I feel your pain.

Best,

Dan

Mike says:

on February 15, 2008 at 5:57 pm

Being retired from the Navy and moving 8 times during my career, I can definitely relate. I have one more move in a couple years when I fully retire…can’t wait.

Good luck and enjoy your new home!

Jerry O'Connor says:

on February 15, 2008 at 8:17 pm

Just a quick note to tell you how much I appreciate your blog. You have a very enjoyable writing style and obviously I don’t even need to comment on how great the photography is. To that point, I’m not sure how you made a bunch of moving boxes look interesting in today’s shot, but you did. Best wishes on your move and thank you for sharing so much through this blog. I am also working my way through “The Moment it Clicks” and can’t express enough how brilliant the approach and experience of the book is.

Jerry

Ken Lawson says:

on February 16, 2008 at 12:08 am

Dear Annie,

I know from my wife, its not about Joe, but you.

Here is how I think; ” I got the monkey off my back, but the circus is in my head.”

My best to Annie, and Joe, if you are like me, we know the drill

Ken

Todd Brase says:

on February 16, 2008 at 1:58 am

Joe I feel your pain! I’m in the military and lucky to be in any one place for three years, and when move time does come seldom is it just an across town move. Enjoy the fun.

Todd

Skip says:

on February 16, 2008 at 8:27 am

Moving is such great fun. I am glad YOUR doing it.
Hi to Annie,
Skip

Gadhadhraya says:

on February 8, 2009 at 11:17 am

Hello Guru, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.